Big John's Oyster Motoyaki
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 348 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 oysters)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove oyster meat from shells and rinse in cold water, being sure to remove any shell fragments or the beginnings of a pearl. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut each piece into 5 smaller pieces. Rinse lower shell halves well. Discard flat tops.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and green onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, red miso, cayenne, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Spread a thin layer in the bottom of each shell.
- Divide oyster meat among shells. Top with mushroom mixture. Cover thickly with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Arrange shells on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the top rack of the preheated oven until tops are dark brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish baked oysters with roe and serve with lemon wedges.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you have trouble shucking the oysters, try placing them in a shallow pan of boiling water for 1 minute first. Always smell a freshly shucked oyster to make sure it's fresh. It should have no strong odor and merely smell like the ocean.
- You don't have the saute the mushrooms and onion if you prefer not to.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 32 g fat; 8.4 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 423 mg sodium. Full nutrition