Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds
Ingredients30 m servings 270
- Fill a saucepan with 1/2-inch water and bring to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts, cover, and cook until easily pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-low heat until melted. Add almonds and garlic clove; cook and stir until lightly toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and discard garlic clove.
- Stir lemon zest, salt, and pepper into almonds; add to bowl of Brussels sprouts.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add bread crumbs; stir until evenly coated and golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Add to bowl of Brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over Brussels sprouts; toss to combine.
- Cook's Note:
- You can trim up and blanch Brussels sprouts earlier in the day and reheat them before tossing with remaining ingredients.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 19 21 10.5 35 217 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We only had macadamia nuts and used those instead of the almonds for a good result!
I sliced the sprouts and sauteed them in a tablespoon of oil until wilted. I used sliced almonds, and had no fresh lemon, so I used a bit of lemon juice. I am no fan of sprouts but I will defin...