Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 753 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine water, cashews, olive oil, cane juice crystals, honey, flax seeds, and sea salt in a blender; blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour almond milk into a large glass jar or container with a lid. Add blended mixture. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
- Shake well and pour into an ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer's instructions, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- For vanilla flavor: Scrape seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 3 teaspoons real vanilla extract into the cashew mixture.
- For berry flavor: Use 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract and mix in 1 cup crushed frozen berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries) at the end of churning.
- For chocolate flavor: Blend 3/4 cup melted organic chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into cashew mixture.
- For burnt almond fudge flavor: Blend 3/4 cup melted organic chocolate chips, 2 teaspoons almond extract, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with cashew mixture. Add 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds at the end of churning.
- For carob mint flavor: Add 1/4 cup raw carob powder, 1 teaspoon almond extract, and 1/2 teaspoon mint extract to the cashew mixture before blending.
- For caramel praline pecan flavor: Switch out 1/2 of the almond milk for walnut milk; replace honey with sucanat or other brown sugar. Scrape and add in the seeds from 1 vanilla bean. Melt together 3/4 cup sucanat, 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons honey, and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Cool and add to ice cream at the end of churning.
Per Serving: 753 calories; 58.6 g fat; 57.2 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 424 mg sodium. Full nutrition