Grape-Nuts® Coconut Ice Cream
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 161
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 3/4 quart)
- Pulse flax seeds in a coffee grinder until finely ground. Transfer to a blender.
- Pour coconut milk into the blender. Add vanilla extract, stevia powder, xanthan gum, coconut oil, maple extract, and black salt; blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer blender container to the freezer to chill mixture briefly, about 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer's instructions, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a lidded container and freeze until firm but still malleable, about 30 minutes. Stir in wheat and barley cereal nuggets until well-incorporated.
- Cook's Notes:
- To best preserve the crunch of the Grape-Nuts®, I'll place the measured cereal, as well as the container the ice cream will go in, in the freezer ahead of time.
- Instead of flax seeds, you can use the same amount of ground chia seeds, up to 2 tablespoons Ener-G® Egg Replacer™, or whatever you like to use in place of 4 eggs.
- If you don't have a blender, whisk ice cream base in a bowl until smooth.
- The stevia can be partially or wholly substituted with about 1 cup powdered erythritol or another sweetener.
- Substitute konjac or glucomannan powder for the xanthan gum for creaminess if desired.
- Substitute table salt for the Himalayan black salt if desired.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 13.6 9.7 2.5 0 108 Full nutrition