Risotto with Pigeon Peas and Pulled Pork (Risotto con Gandules y Pernil)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 626
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Pour in 2 cups chicken stock. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer pork until is fork-tender, about 1 hour. Shred with a fork and transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pot over medium heat. Add pigeon peas and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in arborio rice. Pour in enough chicken stock to barely cover the rice; cook and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock, stirring often, until each addition is absorbed and rice is tender yet firm to the bite, about 20 minutes.
- Fold shredded pork into the rice. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use adobo seasoning instead of salt and pepper if desired.
Per Serving: 626 calories; 27.9 52.5 39.4 109 1941 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1