Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h servings 362 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Rub pork shoulder all over with lime.
- Mash garlic into paste in a mortar and pestle or pilon. Transfer to a bowl; mix in salt, 1 tablespoon oil, oregano, black pepper, adobo seasoning, and vinegar.
- Lift skin off the pork to 1-inch from the narrow part of the bone. Make 3/4-inch slits all over the pork with a sharp knife. Stuff seasoned garlic paste into the slits. Pull skin back over to cover the pork.
- Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and sazon seasoning together in a small bowl. Rub over the skin of the pork.
- Transfer pork to a large roasting pan. Pour in beer. Cover with aluminum foil, sealing well.
- Roast in the preheated oven until slightly pink in the center, about 3 hours.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Uncover pork and continue roasting until skin is golden brown and crispy, about 2 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Per Serving: 362 calories; 25.2 g fat; 3 g carbohydrates; 26.4 g protein; 100 mg cholesterol; 1171 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1