Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 22 m servings 353
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place cottage cheese in a mesh strainer over a bowl. Let drain for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, pressing any liquid out. You should be able to express 1/2 cup of liquid. Discard liquid.
- Mix drained cottage cheese, eggs, non-dairy Parmesan cheese substitute, salt, pepper, garlic powder and flour together in a bowl. Stir until mixture is well combined and forms a very soft, sticky dough.
- Scrape cheese into a ball and lightly dust with flour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 1/2-inch thick rope. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces, and place on a lightly floured baking sheet. Roll the gnocchi down the tines of a fork or a gnocchi board to create ridges and return them to the floured baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and gently stir the pot. Cook the gnocchi until they float to the top surface of the water, about 2 minutes. Drain well and serve with your favorite sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Using a wet strainer helps drain the liquid from the cottage cheese.
- Making sure the cottage cheese is well drained and dry means you use less flour. That results in lighter gnocchi. Do not overwork the dough or it will develop gluten and become tough. You can also add the strained liquid to your sauce for added creaminess.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 12.8 37.9 24.6 103 1209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1