Grandma Newman's Potato and Sausage Stuffing
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 614
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash with milk.
- Meanwhile, place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in green pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Fold cubed bread into potatoes, then gently fold in sausage mixture. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.
Per Serving: 614 calories; 25 81.7 15.8 39 781 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Good way to mix it up. It was also a good way to save room on the table (only having 1 dish for potatoes & stuffing). It was lacking flavor, so I addd some spices to the bread ie; thyme, sage ...
This is an old polish recipe for stuffing on Thanksgiving. Pototoes were abundant and my mother-in-law made this recipe for the holidays years ago. Thank you for posting it... it brings back m...