Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 557
- To Make Crepes: In a medium bowl beat eggs thoroughly, then add milk and butter. Beat in flour and salt until smooth. (Note: Batter is best if left to set for 1/2 hour before using). Brown crepes in a medium hot skillet, making them 6 to 8 inches in circumference. Set aside.
- To Make Meat Filling: Brown veal, chicken and beef in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the parsley, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To Make White Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook flour and butter together for 1 minute. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg, then stir in milk and continue to cook until thick.
- Spread 1/2 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon meat mixture into prepared crepes, folding over all sides of crepe to form palm-sized bundles. Place filled crepes, seam side down, in baking dish. Cover with remaining pasta sauce and pour White Sauce over all. Cover with mozzarella cheese and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and brown around the edges. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 557 calories; 30.1 39.3 32.5 145 1423 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
This was wonderful with a few changes that I made. I only used ground chicken and ground beef. I added garlic and spinich and onion to the meat mixture and it turned out great. My mother in l...
Excellent! I substituted leftover chicken thighs that I diced finely for the ground chicken and substituted ground pork for ground veal. It turned out delicious. As one other reviewer suggested,...
Great recipe! Gourmet presentation is enhanced by garnishing with sauces rather than baking all together. Simply bake cannelloni alone, prepare sauces as directed in recipe, and serve cannello...
Great recipe for meat mixture. Sometimes I just use one meat. I always just use store bought cannelloni tubes and have the kids stuff them.
My 5 yr. old hummed the whole time and asked that I make it again the next day. we loved it but next time I think I would add a bit of Ricotta or maybe Romano cheese.
exceptional! when i told my wife what we were having, she was skeptical. however, when dinner was served, everyone loved it. a new one added to the menu rotation for sure. We didn't have veal, b...
Fantastic! The family loved it. The crepes mad it taste much lighter as oppossed to when using a canelloni shell. The results were a great meal that wasn't weighed down by pasta.
Excellent & with a quick substitution of rice flour Gluten Free and VERY delicious! No flavor or texture compromise at all! This recipe stands by itself and was ready in just an hour.