Malted Milk Bars
"Fans of malted milk balls will enjoy this bar. Frosting includes malted milk powder and the top is sprinkled with chopped malted ball candies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 271
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 - 9x13 inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, combine 3/4 cup butter with semisweet and unsweetened chocolate. Cook, stirring frequently, until everything is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on top of a wire rack.
- To make the topping: In a medium bowl, mix malted milk powder, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Beat in the butter and confectioners' sugar until well blended. Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle crushed malt balls over the top. Cut into bars and serve.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 12.8 37.4 3.7 52 149 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I couldn't agree with the previous reviewer's (Bethany S.) assessment of this recipe more. She hit the nail on the head. The dessert is very rich but not much malt flavor and we found the cake...