Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 697 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 5 (8 inch) round pans.
- Grind the blanched almonds in a food processor with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Cream the butter with the remaining 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Stir in the almond extract, salt, and ground almond mixture. Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Divide the dough into 5 equal parts. Roll each piece between 2 sheets of waxed paper or parchment paper to fit the pans, or pat each piece of dough into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges begin to brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the pans while still hot.
- To make the Prune Filling: Place the prunes in a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve the liquid. Puree the prunes in a food processor.
- Return the prune puree to the saucepan and add the white sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons reserved prune liquid. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat. Assemble the torte layers, spreading them with warm prune filling. Let stand for 24 hours before slicing.
Per Serving: 697 calories; 31 g fat; 102.7 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 176 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
MMMMMMM! My cousin's paternal grandmother was Ukrainian and used to make a similar recipe and as children we would devour it minutes (though we didn't know it was prunes until we were older) . ...
This is a great recipe! It's really worth the 24 hour wait. I followed the recipe exactly and got perfect results, everybody loved it!