Lamb and Squash
"This recipe calls for lamb, but I have used ground beef and sausage before. I never really stick to this recipe, and add different things depending on what sounds good at the time."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 323
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, place the ground lamb, onion, garlic, thyme, basil and ground mustard. Cook until the lamb is evenly brown and the onion is soft. Stir the rice into the mixture.
- Stuff the acorn squash halves with the ground lamb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place stuffed squash on a medium baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 13.7 36.4 12.8 41 38 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Nice warm-and-cozy autumn dish. The squash needed more like 45 mintutes in the oven to get fork-tender. It also tends to be quite bland, so season aggressively before adding the filling. Speak...