Quiche au Chou Romanesco (Romanesco and Mushroom Quiche)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"The nutty flavor of romanesco cauliflower pairs deliciously well with mushrooms and oregano in this unique quiche. Serve with a green salad."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 3 m servings 334
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a 9-inch quiche pan with parchment paper.
- Press puff pastry into the quiche pan and trim to fit. Prick pastry with a fork and place in the refrigerator.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add Romanesco florets; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in drained Romanesco florets, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until florets are tender, about 5 minutes, adding water if they start to stick.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Stir in mushroom mixture. Pour over pastry in the pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is golden and quiche is set, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 334 calories; 25.9 16.9 9.2 113 176 Full nutrition