Torta Salata di Broccolo Romanesco e Mascarpone (Romanesco and Mascarpone Quiche)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Romanesco, sometimes also known as Romanesco cauliflower or Romanesco broccoli is a beautiful vegetable, bright green in color with a striking pattern. It has also a delicate and nutty taste that you can truly appreciate in this Italian quiche. Serve warm or at room temperature."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 397 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch quiche pan.
- Line the bottom and sides of the quiche pan with puff pastry; prick it all over with a fork. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Pecorino cheese over the pastry and scatter Brie cheese cubes on top. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place 6 Romanesco florets in a small bowl; reserve. Coarsely chop remaining florets.
- Combine chopped florets, remaining 1 tablespoon Pecorino cheese, mascarpone cheese, eggs, 1/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoon milk, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until grainy. Season with salt, pepper, and chile pepper. Spread over the cheese and pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are set, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and arrange reserved Romanesco florets on top, pressing them in lightly into place. Return to the oven and continue baking until center is set, about 25 minutes more. Let cool slightly before serving, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute a savory shortcrust pastry crust for the puff pastry if desired.
- Substitute goat cheese for the Brie if desired. You can also use Greek yogurt with a splash of cream instead of mascarpone.
- Replace Romanesco with regular cauliflower or with broccoli if desired.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 31.9 g fat; 18.3 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 123 mg cholesterol; 254 mg sodium. Full nutrition