Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 771
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 1/2 cups)
- Place porcini mushrooms in a small bowl. Cover with warm water. Let soak until rehydrated, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and chop coarsely.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook shell pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add leek and shallot; cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; whisk in flour, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Pour in 1 cup warmed milk slowly, stirring constantly, until incorporated. Simmer sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chopped mushrooms, tomato, and tofu hot dogs into the sauce; fold in pasta. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Brie cheese, and Asiago cheese until melted.
- Pour pasta and cheese mixture into a 9-inch square casserole dish. Drizzle 1/4 cup milk on top if mixture seems too thick. Top with bread crumbs and paprika. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling in the center, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute elbow macaroni for the shells if desired.
Per Serving: 771 calories; 39.6 67.7 38.2 115 815 Full nutrition