Ingredients5 h 50 m servings 685
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef in batches and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Add onion and carrot; cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour beef stock and wine into the Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Stir in porcini mushrooms, bouillon cubes, thyme, and bay leaves. Lay a piece of parchment paper over the surface. Cover with a tight lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is very tender, 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer beef to a plate. Discard bay leaves. Blend cooking liquid with an immersion blender to make a smooth sauce. Serve beef with sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves for the dried thyme if preferred.
Per Serving: 685 calories; 53.3 6.3 39.1 160 366 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made this and OMG. I didn't have any mushrooms so I used a can of Cream of Mushroom soup instead. It is great. I served it over egg noodles. This is definitely a keeper. It is worth the wait.
Fantastic! I only used about 2 lbs of beef cheeks and didn't blend the braising liquid at the end; but otherwise I kept everything else the same. It may take awhile to braise, but it really doe...