Trio of Mushroom Soup (Cream of Mushroom Soup)
Ingredients56 m servings 260
- Heat 1/4 cup butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat until butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, portobello mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, and oyster mushrooms, and tarragon; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, potato, thyme, and oregano into the pot. Bring to a boil; let soup simmer until potato is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Return soup to heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme for the fresh thyme if preferred.
- If using a blender instead of an immersion blender, let soup cool before pureeing or it might burn you.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 22.8 10.9 4.3 55 863 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made a few changes to this recipe and it came out amazing. First off, are used wild mushrooms that I forged and dried from earlier this year. Are used golden chanterelles, Cinnabar red chanter...
Turn out ok for me went by the directions my partner thought it tasted ok, but was grainy
love this!!!! I had no tarragon so used basil as substitute. Very easy to make.