Trio of Mushroom Soup (Cream of Mushroom Soup)
Ingredients56 m servings 260
- Heat 1/4 cup butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat until butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, portobello mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, and oyster mushrooms, and tarragon; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, potato, thyme, and oregano into the pot. Bring to a boil; let soup simmer until potato is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Return soup to heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme for the fresh thyme if preferred.
- If using a blender instead of an immersion blender, let soup cool before pureeing or it might burn you.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 22.8 10.9 4.3 55 863 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
** My picture is the dark soup with the whisk in it** I made a few changes to this recipe and it came out amazing. First off, are used wild mushrooms that I forged and dried from earlier this y...
Turn out ok for me went by the directions my partner thought it tasted ok, but was grainy
love this!!!! I had no tarragon so used basil as substitute. Very easy to make.