Trio of Mushroom Soup (Cream of Mushroom Soup)
"Had this cream of mushroom soup at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island during a wedding; came home the next day and recreated it to the best of my abilities. After tasting it and then adding the cream, I decided in the future to just remove the cream altogether! It is a fantastic soup that works well on cold winter days."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients56 m servings 260 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat 1/4 cup butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat until butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, portobello mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, and oyster mushrooms, and tarragon; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, potato, thyme, and oregano into the pot. Bring to a boil; let soup simmer until potato is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Return soup to heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme for the fresh thyme if preferred.
- If using a blender instead of an immersion blender, let soup cool before pureeing or it might burn you.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 22.8 g fat; 10.9 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 55 mg cholesterol; 863 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
love this!!!! I had no tarragon so used basil as substitute. Very easy to make.