Grilled Flatbread Pizzas with Avocado Pesto
made it | 0 reviews |
"Up your appetizer game with California-style grilled flatbreads from Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Topped with creamy avocado pesto, charred corn, red onions, arugula, and a mix of Gruyère and mozzarella cheeses, these pizzas are sure to be a summer favorite. Slather the corn with butter, wrap it tightly in foil and toss it on the grill for flame-kissed flavor with minimum mess."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 798 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add pistachios; cooking, shaking often, until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Make the pesto by combining the pistachios, avocado, basil leaves, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Pulse until the mixture is roughly chopped and then with the blender running, slowly stream in 1/4 cup olive oil. Continue blending until the pesto is a thick paste, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Set the pesto aside.
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes on medium heat. Spread the butter on the corn, then wrap each ear of corn in Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil. Place the corn on the grill, close the lid and grill the corn, turning it frequently until it is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Unwrap the corn and when cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob.
- Brush both sides of the flatbreads with 2 tablespoons olive oil and grill them for 1 to 2 minutes on each side to warm them. Remove the flatbreads from the grill and top with the avocado pesto, Gruyere, mozzarella, red onions and corn.
- Return the flatbreads to the grill, close the lid and grill until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the flatbreads from the grill and transfer them to serving plates. Top the flatbreads with arugula and crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and then slice and serve immediately.
- Reynolds Kitchens Tip
- Use Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil to ensure corn is tender and juicy.
Per Serving: 798 calories; 63.1 g fat; 34 g carbohydrates; 35.9 g protein; 100 mg cholesterol; 778 mg sodium. Full nutrition