Poorman's Lobster Newburg
Ingredients29 m servings 289 cals
- Combine shrimp soup and cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until the cream cheese has melted and sauce starts to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sherry. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season monkfish fillets with salt and black pepper. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake monkfish in the preheated oven until flesh flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer monkfish to serving plates. Serve topped with sauce and garnished with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- If you have a convection oven, bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Per Serving: 289 calories; 14.4 g fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 857 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We really enjoyed this basic recipe which I had to alter a bit because I did not have Cream of Shrimp soup on hand, and my husband loathes cream cheese. So I substituted Cream of Mushroom soup, ...