Poorman's Lobster Newburg
Ingredients29 m servings 289
- Combine shrimp soup and cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until the cream cheese has melted and sauce starts to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sherry. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season monkfish fillets with salt and black pepper. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake monkfish in the preheated oven until flesh flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer monkfish to serving plates. Serve topped with sauce and garnished with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- If you have a convection oven, bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Per Serving: 289 calories; 14.4 9 28 79 857 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Wow! I did use tilapia as the recipe submitter mentioned and this was excellent. I am not fan of cream of soups but it was great in this. The combo of the soup, cream cheese, and sherry creates...
I made this exactly as written. I found the sauce too strong and it hid the fish flavor. My husband enjoyed it.
I made this with Tilapia, used a medium dry sherry and was pleasantly surprised! It is very quick and easy, and is a great base to add other ingredients to. I did find the sauce to be too thick ...