Chanterelle Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients58 m servings 306
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until soft but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add chanterelle mushrooms; cook and stir until excess liquid evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in wild rice; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour broth into the pot; bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, black pepper, dill, paprika, and salt. Simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute with any of your favorite mushrooms or just the white button mushrooms found in pretty much all grocery stores. You can use dried chanterelle mushrooms as well. I would use the same amount as in the recipe as they are a lot smaller dried than fresh. Just soak them in lukewarm water for 10 to 15 minutes before you throw them in the pot.
- I say "or more to taste" because it depends on how you like your soup: more brothy, less mushroomy, etc. If you like it creamy, add some heavy whipping cream with the soy sauce in step 2.
- Use brown rice instead of wild rice or a mix.
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth if desired.
- Substitute 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped, for the dried if desired.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 4.5 51.6 13.1 5 2268 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious! I added an extra cup of broth for more liquid consistency. Flavor is delicious! I'll make this again for sure.