Pistachio Coconut Ice Cream
made it | 0 reviews |
"Vegan, sugar-free, no-cook, easy, delicious and nutritious with pistachio goodness! Who said treat food can't be healthy? Serve immediately or freeze until firm. After it's thoroughly frozen, transfer to the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving for easier scooping, or divide with a thin, sharp knife."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 196 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 3/4 quart)
- Pulse 3/4 cup pistachios in a coffee grinder until finely ground. Transfer to a blender.
- Pulse flax seeds in a coffee grinder until finely ground. Add to the blender.
- Pour coconut milk into the blender. Add vanilla extract, stevia powder, xanthan gum, coconut oil, almond extract, and black salt; blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer blender container to the freezer to chill mixture briefly, about 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions, adding 1/2 cup chopped pistachios during the last few minutes of churning. Transfer to a lidded container before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of flax seeds, you can use the same amount of ground chia seeds, up to 2 tablespoons Ener-G® Egg Replacer™, or whatever you like to use in place of 4 eggs.
- The stevia can be partially or wholly substituted with about 1 cup powdered erythritol or another sweetener.
- Substitute konjac or glucomannan powder for the xanthan gum for creaminess if desired.
- Substitute table salt for the Himalayan black salt if desired.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 18.6 g fat; 6.1 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 59 mg sodium. Full nutrition