Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 731
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan with butter; dust with flour, shaking off excess.
- Beat 2 cups sugar, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in milk. Add 2 cups flour and baking powder; beat until batter is smooth.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and water in a small saucepan. Simmer until sugar dissolves and syrup is clear and thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour syrup into prepared baking pan. Arrange banana halves on top. Pour batter over bananas.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a platter.
Per Serving: 731 calories; 31 110.2 7.3 74 227 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm having a difficult time rating this cake. The flavor was fantastic but the baking time is off. I baked it in a round 9" pan and I started checking after 35 minutes. It took 1 hour and 10 ...
I used this recipe but made a few changes after reading another review: I used two 8 inch round pans. I split 5 bananas in half length-wise. I split the cake batter, banana and the syrup betwe...
I had the same problem others did. I made it exactly as instructed, but there was way to much batter for my 9" round pan. I ended up putting the extra into a second pan. I also had to cook it fo...