Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 11 cals
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 meringues)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine aquafaba, rose water, lemon juice, and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, 10 to 30 minutes. Increase speed to high and beat, gradually adding confectioners' sugar, until meringue holds stiff peaks, about 10 minutes. Scoop meringue into a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Pipe small mounds of meringue onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven, rotating sheets halfway through, until meringues are dry and firm, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Turn off oven; keep meringues inside until cooled.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cream of tartar helps stabilize and gives more volume to your meringue mixture. If you are looking for a replacement, go for 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- You can use a spoon to scoop meringue onto the baking sheets instead of a piping bag.
- If you prefer a meringue that is crunchy, bake for the longer time.
Per Serving: 11 calories; 0 g fat; 2.4 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; < 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm a believer!! These are so easy and fun to make. I didn't have any cream of tartar, so I used 1/2 tsp (total) lemon juice. The outcome was the most subtle hint of rose and a bit of a lemon af...