Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 143
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic together in a large roasting pan; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, stirring once, about 50 minutes. Remove roasted vegetables from oven; scrape vegetables and any brown bits into a large pot. Pour vegetable broth into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil.
- Blend soup until smooth with a stick blender; stir in cream to thin soup to desired consistency.
- Cook's Notes:
- Milk can be substituted for light cream.
- If you want to freeze the soup, freeze before adding milk.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 3.7 25.6 3 0 656 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I added more garlic and used a bit of milk no cream...tasted great, I did not take the charred bits of roasted veggies either it gave it a distinct roasted taste and was super!! The second time ...
This soup is great! I love the flavor roasting adds, as well as the creaminess from the potatoes. I used a bit more garlic (8 cloves) and chicken broth, because that's what I had.
I have never had a carrot soup before. This recipe caught my eye since we are trying to eat more health and I love roasted veggies. I didn't have veggie broth, so I used chicken broth instead. ...
Next time I will back off on the salt, but this recipe is excellent. Roasting the vegetables makes all the difference.
I make a lot of soups but dont know why I never made a soup with roasted carrots? This was wonderful.. the roastiness of the carrots really enhanced the carrot soup. This is my favorite carr...
Amazing soup. I made it with one potato and one sweet potato as I only had one regular one. No cream needed. Once blended well it's so creamy!
I added a little more garlic and herbs de Provence and used whole milk instead of cream. It was an excellent substantial dinner entre for us.
So good! I made a half recipe, added more broth, and eliminated cream, for my own taste. It is a very filling lunch!