Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 188
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Place asparagus in a bowl with a small amount of water; cover and cook in microwave on High, 30 seconds at a time, just until tender. Drain asparagus; set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, marjoram, thyme, baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Beat egg in a separate bowl; beat in buttermilk, melted butter, and olive oil. Stir Cheddar cheese, green onions, capers, and asparagus into buttermilk mixture.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes; serve warm.
You might also like
Per Serving: 188 calories; 9.2 18 8.4 39 337 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used aged white cheddar, so I used a little less cheese than the recipe called for, but I think it was a good call given that the recipe was written for milder cheese. Both my compatriot and i...