Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 417 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 pancakes)
- Place rhubarb in a saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir 1/3 cup sugar into rhubarb mixture; set aside to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla together in a cup; stir milk mixture into flour mixture to form a smooth batter. Stir 1 cup of the cooled rhubarb mixture into batter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles form and edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip pancakes; cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with remaining rhubarb sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Rhubarb sauce can be prepared the day before; store in refrigerator overnight.
- You can also use sugar substitute in this recipe.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 14.3 g fat; 63.3 g carbohydrates; 9.3 g protein; 80 mg cholesterol; 666 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1