Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 505 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 sandwich)
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels; drain all but about 2 teaspoons bacon fat from the pan.
- Butter each slice of sourdough bread on one side. Place bread, buttered-side down, in same skillet over medium low heat. Place ingredients evenly on one slice of bread in this order: half of Gouda cheese, bacon slices, caramelized onions, and remaining half of Gouda cheese. Top with second bread slice, buttered-side up.
- Cook sandwich until cheese on bottom is melted and bottom slice of bread is golden brown, about 5 minutes; turn sandwich over and cook until all cheese is melted and sandwich is golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- When using fresh bread, make sure you select two slices that are the same size.
- I used double smoked Berkshire bacon and aged Gouda cheese.
Per Serving: 505 calories; 29 g fat; 33.7 g carbohydrates; 27.2 g protein; 95 mg cholesterol; 1299 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1