Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 3 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 quart)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, golden brown, and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer strawberries to a blender; puree until smooth. Press puree through a fine-mesh strainer using a spoon; discard seeds and pulp.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and xanthan gum in a small bowl.
- Pour water into a small saucepan. Add sugar mixture and whisk vigorously until very smooth. Stir in corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until sugar dissolves fully, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in strained strawberry puree and coconut cream.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Pour chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions until it reaches soft serve consistency, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Scoop soft serve into a piping bag using a spatula; pipe into ice cream cones.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Xanthan gum is a natural stabilizer that's easy to find at specialty supermarkets.
- For the best texture and flavor, refrigerate the soft serve base for 24 hours.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 5.1 47 0.7 0 20 Full nutrition