Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 447 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Lightly grease a deep 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine chopped durian flesh and coconut milk in a bowl.
- Mix flour, water, eggs, sugar, and salt together in another bowl; mix until well-blended. Add durian mixture and mix until combined. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Set a round rack in a steamer or large wok or deep skillet over high heat. Pour in water to about 1/2 inch below the rack; bring to a boil.
- Place cake pan on rack and cover or tent with aluminum foil, sealing edges tightly. Steam, replenishing boiling water as needed, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Carefully remove and let cool before cutting.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 10.3 g fat; 79.4 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 186 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We had a leftover package of dehydrated durian from a trip to Bangkok, so I used it to make this cake. My partner liked it; I wasn't crazy about it. The durian was hydrated with a cup of hot w...