Ingredients25 m servings 247
- Clean flowers and dry with a paper towel.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk eggs, milk, and olive oil together in a separate bowl; stir in flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Dip flowers in the batter and fry in the hot oil until golden and crispy, 2 to 5 minutes, working in batches as needed. Transfer fried flowers to a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle salt over each.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 17.7 17.2 4.9 64 527 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Tasted just like my Nonnas. I added two tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to the batter and a sprinkle on top while they're warm.
I like pepper so next time I'll add some in the batter, I'm also dairy free but this was delicious with coconut milk!
Easy. Tasty not too heavy. I like mine almost well. Getting the batter browned adds depth from outside crisp to inside soft.
This is an easy way to cook those fabulous flowers! What a treat!
I read a few reviews and added about 1/4 cup of graded Parmesan cheese...so good! Even picky eaters ate it.