Ingredients1 h 43 m servings 700
- Combine chicken, honey mustard dressing, white wine, and black pepper in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag; seal and shake to mix. Let marinate in the refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place bacon slices in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat olive oil and butter in the same skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Add shallots and garlic; cook until lightly browned and soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach. Cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in the prepared baking dish. Discard marinade. Top each chicken breast with 1/3 of the spinach mixture, 1 slice of bacon, and 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 700 calories; 52.9 16.6 37.8 117 875 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
We loved this, but I did alter the cooking method...I couldn't see baking all of those ingredients on top of the raw chicken for 45 minutes, so I put the chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes...
03/28/18: Didn't need olive oil; doubled the bacon and used it's drippings to saute a equal mix of small common onion, green onion bulbs and garlic cloves, adding spinach just as garlic began to...
Thanks to reading Christina’s review first, I baked the chicken 15min, flipped. Baked another 15min, flipped, then added the toppings. I only had slices of provolone which worked fine. Fabulous ...
Delicious and easy. I did not have shallots or provolone on hand, so I skipped the first and substituted sliced fontina for the second. The garlicky spinach -bacon-cheese topping was excellent a...
I followed the suggestion of cooking the chicken for 30 minutes then adding the toppings. Turned out great! I also sauteed the noodles in the pan I previously made the spinach topping in.
Delicious. Did not have bacon, so just omitted that ingredient. It was excellent without it. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. It was quick and easy, and a different way to fix chicken.
If I could, I would give this 4.5. I followed others' suggestions and cooked the chicken for 30 minutes then added the toppings. With the spinach mixture I used the 1/2 of the bacon grease an...