Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 267 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Spread eggplant slices on paper towels. Sprinkle generously with coarse salt. Let excess moisture drain from eggplant, about 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Combine sesame seeds, hazelnuts, coriander seeds, turmeric, and ginger in a small skillet over low heat. Toast until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in bread crumbs.
- Press eggplant slices into bread crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplants in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro, Espelette pepper, and sea salt over eggplants. Serve with mango chutney.
- Cook's Note:
- Process stale bread into bread crumbs instead of using dry bread crumbs if desired.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 12.7 g fat; 38.7 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 624 mg sodium. Full nutrition