Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 56 m servings 369
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle kosher salt over eggplant slices. Let excess moisture drain from eggplant, 10 to 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Combine spinach, onion, and garlic in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with Italian seasoning.
- Mix Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and ricotta cheese together in a bowl. Stir in spinach mixture until well-combined.
- Spread 2 spoonfuls of spinach mixture evenly over each eggplant slice. Roll up eggplant.
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange eggplant rolls seam-side down in the dish. Pour remaining marinara sauce over rolls. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden, about 1 hour. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute one 8-ounce package frozen spinach for the fresh spinach if desired.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 15.9 36.1 23.8 47 1034 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is very good, but something is missing with the directions. The oven temperature should be adjusted to about 350° maximum of 375° after the eggplant has cooked the first time. Also, if it's...