Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 406 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk eggs together in a deep container. Pour bread crumbs in another deep container.
- Dip each slice of eggplant into the eggs, covering both sides, and press into the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in the skillet; cook until crispy, 2 to 4 minutes. Spray tops with cooking spray and flip; continue cooking until second side is browned and eggplant is tender, 2 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Top each slice with a basil leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Place another eggplant slice on top. Cover with remaining tomato and mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is softened, but not melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of eggs used for breading. The actual amount of eggs consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 19.3 g fat; 35.5 g carbohydrates; 23.2 g protein; 231 mg cholesterol; 686 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I am going to try this with fried shrimp and smother it in crawfish sauce