Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 110 cals
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line 2 muffin tins with liners.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar with mixer running, beating until peaks are stiff and glossy.
- Stir some of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Pour chocolate mixture into the bowl of egg whites and fold until batter is well-mixed.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes are just set in the center, about 25 minutes. Place muffin tin on a wire rack to cool, about 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the tin and let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- These cupcakes come out two different ways depending on the humidity level. They have risen very high, then fell and cracked in the center after bring removed from the oven. They have also not risen at all and stayed very dense and moist. Either way, they taste delicious.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 7.3 g fat; 10.9 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 39 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I changed it up a little bit and it was delightful! I added 1/8t Cream of Tarter to the egg whites and used powdered sugar and a pinch of salt. It raised really fluffy and melted in our mouths.
As a professional cupcake Baker, I was very intrigued by this recipe. It sort of remibds me of a chocolate angel food cake cupcake. I went ahead and made this exactly as written but halved the r...
I have never made a gluten free recipe before and I have to say while they are very tasty, they don't look so hot. I may be making these for a bake sale, can any one give me some tips for the ...