Pink Champagne Cake
"Moist pink cake is sandwiched between smooth layers of real cream and a thin layer of rich frosting seals the deal. Little splashes of champagne help give this cake a delicate evanescence that is sure to be a show stopper. This is a great cake to serve for birthdays, showers, or for any very special occasion. Guests will rave for the recipe. Keep cake refrigerated."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 29 m servings 712 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 8-inch layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Blend cake mix, 1 1/3 cup pink Champagne, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a large bowl until moistened, about 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons cherry juice and red food coloring; beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide batter between cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 29 to 34 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Invert onto wire racks and let cool completely, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until peaks form. Sprinkle white chocolate pudding mix over cream; beat until thoroughly mixed. Mix in 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon half-and-half until filling is smooth.
- Spread filling over 1 cake layer and place second layer on top.
- Beat 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until combined. Mix in 1/4 cup half-and-half, 2 tablespoons pink Champagne, 2 tablespoons cherry juice, and vanilla extract until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Spread frosting over cake. Top cake with white chocolate shavings. Chill until serving.
- Cook's Note:
- If frosting appears too thick, add small amounts of half-and-half to get a spreading consistency.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cake layers are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand. Choose a cake mix without pudding added.
Per Serving: 712 calories; 39.5 g fat; 79.3 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 133 mg cholesterol; 463 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 1