Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 36 m servings 313
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 cups)
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, 1/2 cup honey, orange juice, cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rhubarb breaks down and compote thickens to resemble a jam, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer compote into a bowl. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- Scoop the firm layer of cream from the top of the cans of coconut milk into a bowl, leaving the liquid behind.
- Split vanilla beans lengthwise with the tip of a sharp knife. Scrape seeds from each pod using the flat side of your knife. Add them to the coconut cream in the bowl.
- Whip the coconut cream with an electric mixer medium-high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Continue beating, slowly drizzling in 2 tablespoons honey, until soft peaks form.
- Serve whipped coconut cream over chilled compote.
- Cook's Notes:
- Chill the cans of coconut milk for at least 24 hours before making the topping.
- Substitute 1/4 cup pulp-free orange juice for the fresh orange juice.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for the vanilla bean seeds if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of coconut milk. The actual amount of coconut milk consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 21.1 34 2.7 0 16 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1