Cambodian Lemongrass Chicken Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 273 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, peppercorns, soy sauce, ginger, fish sauce, and chile pepper in a large pot.
- Remove tough outer stalks from lemongrass. Halve inner stalks and cut into 3-inch peaches. Place in a resealable plastic bag and pound with a hammer until bruised.
- Fill bag with water and pour into the pot. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, about 20 minutes. Strain with a small mesh strainer, discarding solids. Pour strained liquid back into the pot.
- Stir chicken, green onions, carrot, cabbage, mung bean sprouts, Chinese mushrooms, cilantro, Thai basil, and mint into the soup. Simmer over medium heat until carrot is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon garlic chile paste into the bottom of each serving bowl and ladle soup on top.
- Cook's Note:
- You can make this vegan: substitute veggie broth and use 8 ounces firm tofu.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 8.6 g fat; 33.9 g carbohydrates; 21.4 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 1209 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The broth was EXCELLENT! While I would have loved the optional bean sprouts, they are hard to come by in my area and I did not have them. While I think the flavor of this soup was the bomb, it w...