Turkey Chorizo Burger
Ingredients25 m servings 766
- Combine ground turkey, chorizo, garlic, onion powder, chipotle flakes, and black pepper in a large bowl; mix with your hands until well-blended. Shape into 4 loosely-packed patties.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat until hot; grease with buttery spread. Place patties on the griddle; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Flip patties and cook until browned on the second side, about 6 minutes.
- Top each patty with a slice of pepperjack cheese. Cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
- Toast hamburger buns in a toaster oven. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise over each half. Place cooked patties over bottom buns. Top each patty with 1/2 cup spring mix lettuce. Sprinkle lime juice over lettuce. Cover with top buns.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a healthier option, try using soyrizo in place of the meat chorizo.
- Substitute red pepper flakes for the chipotle powder if desired.
- Substitute jalapeno Cheddar cheese for the pepper jack cheese if preferred.
Per Serving: 766 calories; 53.3 26.3 45 158 1253 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Simple and straight forward with excellent flavor. Made as written and grilled them as the recipe submitter mentioned. If using the frozen ground turkey in the tube I have a tip for you. Even wh...
We had half a pound of ground hot Italian sausage (instead of chorizo) and I used olive oil (instead of buttery spread). Everything else was the same down to cooking time. I would definitely mak...
Excellent turkey burger, I used wild boar chorizo and they were absolutely delicious. Can't wait to make them again,