Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 209
- Heat a smoker to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) according to manufacturer's directions.
- Mix 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl to make dry rub. Sprinkle over chicken wings.
- Cook chicken wings in the preheated smoker until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hour.
- Combine hot pepper sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until butter is melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Transfer smoked wings to a large bowl; stir in 1/2 of the sauce until wings are evenly coated.
- Grill coated wings until skin is browned and starting to get crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in remaining sauce until wings are well-coated.
- Cook's Note:
- I like to use hickory wood, but you can use whatever you have.
Per Serving: 209 calories; 18.5 0.9 9.8 60 1435 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I used my Traeger pellet smoker. To adapt this recipe for that cooker, start with the 225 degree setting and crank it up to 350 once you add the hot sauce. I also used my own dry rub (DGD) consi...
great recipe! came out a little salty for me though so I will be reducing that in the dry rub.
I have been looking for a smoked chicken wing recipe. My initial attempts at smoking wings didn't go so great until I found this gem. Follow the directions and the product will be amazing. Co...