Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 209
- Heat a smoker to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) according to manufacturer's directions.
- Mix 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl to make dry rub. Sprinkle over chicken wings.
- Cook chicken wings in the preheated smoker until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hour.
- Combine hot pepper sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until butter is melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Transfer smoked wings to a large bowl; stir in 1/2 of the sauce until wings are evenly coated.
- Grill coated wings until skin is browned and starting to get crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in remaining sauce until wings are well-coated.
- Cook's Note:
- I like to use hickory wood, but you can use whatever you have.
Per Serving: 209 calories; 18.5 0.9 9.8 60 1435 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I used my Traeger pellet smoker. To adapt this recipe for that cooker, start with the 225 degree setting and crank it up to 350 once you add the hot sauce. I also used my own dry rub (DGD) consi...
This recipe was amazing! I made them on the big green egg and smoked them at 225 for an hour on the grid with the plate setter legs up. Tossed them in the sauce, removed the plate setter and w...
great recipe! came out a little salty for me though so I will be reducing that in the dry rub.
Made this yesterday and loved it, I really love having a lot of sauce on my wings. With this recipe it is not necessary and I always want to do my own grilled wings.
Very easy to follow and wings were amazing! I will definitely make again!
These were a big hit! I couldn't help but modify the recipe a bit...I used smoked paprika in place of the Cajun seasoning, and I added a bit of garlic powder to the dry rub. I also brushed the w...
Even though I didn't get much of a smoke flavor, the great tasting rub and sauce made these wing delicious. Moist on the inside and crispy on the outside with just a hint of heat. I will try th...