Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 372
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 smoothie)
- Combine milk, yogurt, strawberries, banana, blueberries, green ice cube, whey, and honey in a blender, in the order listed. Blend until smooth.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- To Make the Veggie ice cube, you'll need a bunch of kale(stems removed and discarded), a package of spinach, and 1 large avocado. Blanch the kale and spinach in a pot of boiling water until wilted, about 1 minute. Strain the leaves and put in a food processor with avocado; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- This recipe has evolved over the last five years. I work out every morning and drink this afterwards. I am now lactose intolerant and have to use Lactaid® milk and yogurt and whey isolate which I get from Whole Foods®.
- You can switch out the ingredients with your personal preference, however having yogurt in the smoothie is very important since I have found that if I don't have any the smoothie separates into layers after a few minutes. The yogurt keeps everything suspended in place.
- I use a Oster® Classic beehive blender with a blender bottle that fits on it. I have used it for a few years and blends frozen fruit great as long as you change the blades once in a while. My kids also love this recipe and it gets them to eat good greens that they wouldn't otherwise be interested in.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 6.8 63.2 18.1 26 358 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1