Eggs Strapazzate del Giardino with White Asparagus
"This garden scramble of eggs in a bed of vegetables is well seasoned and doused with flavorful cheese, Italian-style. It goes well with a warm, toasted slice of ciabatta, focaccia, or whole grain bread. Ideally serve with a slotted spoon to strain off a bit of excess water from the vegetables."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients41 m servings 292
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; stir in vegetable bouillon until dissolved. Add asparagus; boil until crisp tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain, discarding broth. Run cold water over asparagus to halt the cooking process, about 30 seconds. Drain.
- Push onion through a food processor fitted with a shredder attachment. Repeat with bell pepper and carrot.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until browned, about 1 minute. Stir in shredded onion, bell pepper, and carrot until coated with oil. Add seasoned salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus.
- Stir a dash of seasoned salt into beaten eggs. Pour into the skillet and stir to blend well. Cook until set, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir frequently until eggs are scrambled and fully cooked, 2 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted, about 1 minute.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute green asparagus for the white if preferred.
- Substitute safflower oil for the sunflower oil if desired.
- Substitute Asiago or Fontina cheese for the Parmesan cheese, or use a blend.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of vegetable bouillon. The actual amount of bouillon consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 20.1 14.8 15.8 199 494 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1