Ingredients30 m servings 83
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Trim 1 1/2 inches off the bottom of each asparagus stalk. Lay flat on a cutting board and peel off outer layer.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle herbes de Provence, salt, and black pepper over asparagus.
- Roast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If the asparagus are thick, cut them to length, then peel and slice them lengthwise.
Per Serving: 83 calories; 6.9 4.4 2.5 0 148 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
An elegant, yet simple way to serve white asparagus. I used less Herbes de Provence, but otherwise I kept everything else the same. It was a very flavorful accompaniment to my roasted chicken. ...
Very elegant, delicious flavor combination. Don't forget to peel your asparagus. I failed to do this, and it was too chewy.
What a nice flavor this has ?I only used 1 teaspoon of olive oil as I am on weight Watchers and am watching my intake. Next time, I will use less herbes de Provence and more of other seasonings...
The simplicity makes the natural sweetness of white asparagus more enjoyable. Seasonings can be customized based on what you have at home. With my oven, I put it for 25 min.
White asparagus, delicate yet full of flavour, very nice. The herbs are delicate and the roasted flavour just seals the deal. I served this with some Parmiggiano Reggiano and thought it went ver...