Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 397
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cut potatoes into French fry shapes, about 3/8-inch wide and thick, using a mandoline or a knife. Soak potatoes in a large bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes. Drain and pat potatoes dry with a clean towel.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or deep saucepan to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Gently lower 1/4 of the potatoes into the hot oil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Transfer cooked potatoes to a clean towel using a slotted spoon. Repeat frying with remaining potatoes.
- Heat the same oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry potatoes again, working in batches, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer fries to a clean kitchen towel using a slotted spoon.
- Place fries in a bowl and drizzle truffle oil over warm fries; season with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and sea salt.
- Cook's Note:
- Most truffle oil is actually olive oil with truffle essence added. It will still lend a pleasing flavor to this dish and is about a quarter of the cost of infused truffle oil. If you can afford it though splurge a little and go for the real thing.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 11.9 64.7 9.4 4 539 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1