Gluten-Free Butter Crepes with Orange Blossom Honey Butter
Ingredients40 m servings 677
- Whisk eggs, salt and milk together in a mixing bowl. While whisking, add the flour 1/4 cup at a time, making sure it is well combined before adding the next. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix 6 tablespoons softened butter, honey and orange zest together. Whip until creamy and smooth.
- Heat a 10-inch crepe pan over medium heat. When hot, add 1/2 teaspoon butter to the pan and spread around with a brush to cover the whole pan. If your pan is non-stick, you will only need to do this once. If your pan is not non-stick you may need to repeat this more often.
- Whisk the batter well, add 1/3 cup of batter to the heated pan; swirl it around to cover the entire surface of the pan. Cook until the edges brown and the crepe moves freely, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the crepe over and cook until evenly cooked. Remove from the pan and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Place a crepe on a warm plate. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons filling evenly over one half of the crepe. Fold the crepe twice making a triangle. Do the same with the rest of the crepes. Top with remaining honey butter and serve.
- Cook's Note:
- Using unsalted butter favors this recipe to give it a unique sweetness. If you use salted butter, you should add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the batter.
Per Serving: 677 calories; 45.1 64.1 10.8 234 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I mixed the ingredients in a 2 cup glass measuring cup so I could pour directly into the frying pan. By the way, this recipe makes exactly 2 cups of crêpe batter. Quick and very easy to make, ...
Tried this recipe. My oldest ate pizza crepes to capacity, and my youngest started with strawberry and nutella and finished with bannana and nutella. This recipe rocks. My kids will eat cre...