Chilled Corn Soup
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 161
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook garlic, white parts of onions, coriander, cumin, and chile powder, stirring, until garlic and onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Add buttermilk, water, and salt and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled, garnished with green parts of onions and cilantro (if using).
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have buttermilk, you can make some by adding a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar to a cup of milk and letting it stand for 1/2 hour.
- Soup can be made up to 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 5.5 26.2 6.1 2 377 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
So quick and so easy! I used a few heavy dashes cayenne pepper instead of the chipotle. Spicy and delicious!
This soup is sooo good, and it's even better the next day, when the flavors have REALLY merged! It is also quick and easy, my favorite kind!
I loved it. I didn't have coriandet, but did have fees cilantro. Used it instead. Also I used Ancho chili powder instead of Chipotle chili powder.
Fun to make, took some doing to get the grit out of the corn, but nice, cold soup.
Absolutely delish! I did add the cilantro which was optional. I blended in an eighth cup and used the remaining eighth for garnish. Also, my girlfriend doesn’t like chipotle, so I substituted t...
I liked this a lot, but my family was not impressed. The buttermilk flavor is pretty strong and they are not fans. I added some plain Greek yogurt and some crumbled bacon to this for the prote...