Paleo Raw Carrot Cake
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Paleo raw carrot cake is a spin on a traditional favorite! Made with a carrot, date and walnut base, this delicious cake is topped with a silky cashew maple coconut icing that's surprisingly healthy and good for you. This is what carrot cake dreams are made of! Keep carrot cake bites in a container in the freezer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 20 m servings 177
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 carrot cake bites)
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and let soak, 2 to 3 hours. Drain.
- Line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides.
- Place dates in the bowl of a food processor; pulse into a paste. Break up paste into smaller chunks to spread it evenly in the bowl. Add carrots, walnuts, coconut flakes, 1/4 cup coconut oil, coconut flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg; process until base mixture is well-combined.
- Spread base mixture in the prepared loaf pan. Freeze until slightly firm, about 10 minutes.
- Combine drained cashews, coconut milk, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond extract in the food processor. Blend until a smooth and silky icing forms.
- Pour icing over base and spread it evenly across to the edges with a spatula. Sprinkle walnut pieces on top; press them into the icing gently with your fingers.
- Return loaf pan to the freezer. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight. Lift out of the pan and slice into 16 mini carrot cake bites.
You might also like
Per Serving: 177 calories; 14.1 13.1 2.3 0 34 Full nutrition