Ingredients12 h 56 m servings 96
- Place crushed pineapple with juice, pears, carrots, flaked coconut, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a large pot over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until pears are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in pectin. Return to heat and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring frequently. Pour in sugar and bring back to a full boil. Cook jam for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam off the top.
- Pack jam into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims to remove any excess residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large pot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water 2 inches apart using a holder. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the pot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart; cool undisturbed, at least 12 hours. Press the top of each lid with a finger to ensure that the seal is tight. Store in a cool, dark area.
Per Serving: 96 calories; 0.5 23.8 0.2 0 2 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This jam is amazing! It really does taste like carrot cake in jam form. I included the optional coconut and golden raisins. I bought the ingredients and didn't get around to making the jam as pl...
As suggested, I used a cup of applesauce in place of the pears - worked great! I used regular raisins, but wish I'd used the golden ones (these look like little bugs in my jam!) With those mo...
Totally different with carrots and raisons in jam....so worth your time making it. Going to make it for Christmas gifts! Very good on english muffins
Very tasty and different! A bit too sweet, but next time I'll use 1 cup less sugar. Great as a holiday gift and treat.
Absolutely delicious! Probably one of the best jams I've ever had. However the next time I make it, I'll prob cut the sugar to 5.5 or 6 cps, very, very sweet as written.