Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 6 m servings 213
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Lay tofu slices on a paper towel-lined plate and cover with more paper towels. Put a heavy object on top to press out excess water, about 15 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid.
- Mix 1/2 cup soy sauce and ginger in a large dish. Add tofu slices and let marinate, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flip tofu slices and let marinate on second side, about 15 minutes more. Remove tofu from marinade and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dry, flipping once halfway through, about 40 minutes. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and green bell pepper; cook until onion is slightly translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in baked tofu.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chile sauce in a small bowl. Pour into the wok and stir until onion and tofu mixture is well-coated, about 1 minute. Garnish with roasted peanuts.
- Cook's Note:
- Don't use silken tofu in this recipe. It doesn't bake well.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 10.6 18.3 15.7 0 2184 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1