Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 169
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine water, red lentils, yellow split peas, salt, garlic, ginger, and red chile peppers in a pressure cooker. Close cooker, bring to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions, and cook until split peas are tender and dal is thick, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and release pressure through natural release method according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Heat ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add mustard seeds; cook until they pop, 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour onion mixture over dal; stir to combine.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, cook dal in a large pot for 45 minutes.
- Substitute oil or butter for the ghee if desired.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 7.1 20.5 7.1 16 590 Full nutrition